Σχόλια και παρατηρήσεις.
Ο χρόνος περνάει…
... και γίνεται ιστορία
Βιάννος: Τα χωριά και η ιστορία της
Aldersgate Day (Methodism) Brooklyn Bridge
- 1689 – The Act of Toleration became law in England, granting freedom of worship to nonconformists under certain circumstances, but deliberately excluding Catholics.
- 1883 – New York City's Brooklyn Bridge (pictured) opened – the longest suspension bridge in the world at the time.
- 1956 – The first edition of the Eurovision Song Contest was held in Lugano, Switzerland.
- 1970 – On the Kola Peninsula in Russia, drilling began on the Kola Superdeep Borehole, eventually reaching 12,262 metres (40,230 ft), making it the deepest hole ever drilled and the deepest artificial point on the earth.
- 2014 – A gunman opened fire at the Jewish Museum of Belgium in Brussels, killing four people.